In commercial real estate agency today, there are plenty of opportunities to connect with your clients and prospects. Doing so in a relevant way will help you with building market share and listing opportunities.
Given that we regularly prospect as part of our business activities, providing market updates will help you with connecting with clients and prospects. Relevance and fresh information are the keys to the process.
As the year progresses, there will always be changes in the local property market. Those changes are of interest to the local property investors, business owners, tenants, and property developers that you work with. In many respects, they do not have the same sources of information that you have, and they are likely to be less informed when it comes to current prices and rentals relating to commercial property.
Capturing the latest information from sales and leasing activity will help you build relevance with the clients and contacts that you work with. Up to date information will always be of interest and for use in your meetings, prospecting, and client updates.
Here are some ideas to help you with providing high quality market updates:
- The information that you provide from the market will always be valuable. That being said, it does need to attract the attention of the reader. Interpret the prices, rentals, occupancy rates, and capitalisation rates into trends that can be graphed. The visual approach will attract attention. The best graphing model to use with trending is a bar chart. It is very suitable for our industry. You can get some simple graphing packages from the Internet which will allow you to display numbers and figures relating to property trends. In a very basic way, you can also do the same thing using an excel spreadsheet and set up the graphing alternatives from the spreadsheet.
- Use plenty of photographs in your marketing material relating to the local area. In saying that, the photographs should be of reasonable quality taken at an attractive angle. Those photographs may be of properties that you have sold, leased, or developed.
- Tell stories about the market and also the clients that you have served. As part of that process, you do need to have the consent of the property owners and clients at the centre of the story. Testimonials will always help send the right message as will positive stories from recent sales and leasing activity.
- To freshen up your marketing content, you can use professionally taken stock photographs that connects to your feature story or article. The stock photographs can be purchased and downloaded across the Internet so that you do not infringe any copyright ownership rights.
- Find a local copywriting specialist that can produce an interesting article from the property market on a weekly basis for you.
Regular market updates will help identify and support you as an industry specialist in commercial property. Consolidate all of your marketing activity into specific communications processes that reach the prospects and clients that you work with. That will normally involve emails, database, blogs, and social media.